MDC Member Meeting & Board Elections
June 16 @ 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
Every year in January, the spiritual community of the Manjushri Dharma Center comes together to reflect on the year past, envision the year ahead, and elect new Board Members. Board Members are volunteers who serve for one or two years, attending to the day-to-day activities at the center. This year we nominated a partial board on January 25th, but there were many roles yet to be filled. Please join us on Saturday, June 16 after meditation (roughly 11:15am) as we elect and re-confirm the 2018 Manjushri Dharma Center Board of Directors. Nominees for the volunteer Board include:
- Diana Slattery: President/Facilities Director/Writer/Membership Director: Diana will continue her amazing efforts with MDC facilities, and she will add the responsibility President (hosting monthly meetings, directing priorities), of Writer (creating the content for the weekly newsletter and website), and of Membership Director (greeting new members, maintaining the membership list, and creating initiatives around membership and fund-raising).
- Aaron Joseph: Vice President/Events Coordinator: Aaron (also known as Pema Tsultrim) will fill in for Diana as needed and will help to coordinate special events, holy day celebrations, retreats and other events.
- Ashley Gamble: Communications Coordinator : Ashley will manage the MDC website, put together and send out the weekly newsletter, and maintain the newsletter subscriber list. She may also help out with creating fliers or brochures as needed.
- Foster Smith: Secretary: Foster will take board meeting minutes, keep all minutes and important documents for MDC, check phone and support email once per week, and promote events to public outlets as needed.
- Shayna Morse: Treasurer: Shayna will keep track of all donations and the general finances of the Center, making sure all bills are paid, and our obligations with property tax exemption are met.
The first ever MDC Garage Sale will be happening concurrently–stick around and sell some stuff!
Click here for the Member Meeting Agenda + Year-in-Review.
Click here for the Bylaws of the Manjushri Dharma Center.
Not sure if you are a Manjushri Dharma Center member? Members are people who regularly attend or regularly contribute to Manjushri Dharma Center. Contact Diana Slattery (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure you are on the official member list! Members receive special messages from Rinpoche with prayer requests or general info, and members vote each year for the new Board.