15th Annual Amitabha Dechen Shingdrup 2022 – Mt. Adams Buddhist Temple (Trout Lake, WA)
September 16, 2022 @ 7:00 am - September 18, 2022 @ 3:00 pm
The 15th Annual Amitabha Shingdrup Retreat & Teaching
The first week will be held at the Northwest Tibetan Cultural Association Community Center (Bhoekhang) in Portland, Oregon. The second week will be held at the Mount Adams Buddhist Temple in Trout Lake, Washington. There is no fee/registration and all Dharma students are welcome to join.
Week 1 at the NWTCA Community Center (Portland, OR)
- Saturday, September 10 – Monday, Sept 12: 7:00AM – 4:00PM
Week 2 at the Mount Adams Buddhist Temple (Trout Lake, WA)
- Friday, September 16 – Sunday, September 18 – 7:00AM – 3:00PM
Morning Session: Sojong and Amitabha Sadhana practice
Afternoon Session: Teaching on ‘The Words of my Perfect Teacher’ by Patrul Rinpoche
Last Day: Butter Lamp Prayer and Tsok Offering
Breakfast and lunch will be provided each of the days thanks to the generosity of Sangha members. Lama Kozen has kindly invited retreat participants to stay at the Mount Adams Buddhist Temple the second week of the retreat; participants can also camp out on the estate if they wish. Retreat participants will take the Sojong vows, or the ‘observance of the eight temporary vows’ (https://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-masters/patrul-rinpoche/sojong-eight-branch-one-day?fbclid=IwAR2wgntf6bHXmD8Bb24R5TiDOnC9Q4G4Hu_PzgwX5hIyGFDU-g3039aYFAc)
- refraining from killing, stealing, sexual activity, and dishonesty
- avoiding the three kinds of adornment and three kinds of entertainment
- abstaining from eating at inappropriate times (at night) and from sitting on high and luxurious seats.
Contact person: Dikyi Lhamo (Spiritual Director) at 360 721-2962 or for further information, visit www.nwtca.org